Microblade brow tattoo
PLEASE CONTACT FOR BROW APPOINTMENTS
initial appointment $350
touch ups $100 (6week-8mo)
Microblading is a semi-permanent solution to sparse, thinning or over plucked brows. It's perfect for filling gaps, defining arches, and covering scars. Even if you have little or no brow hairs, we can create a beautiful full shape that will perfectly frame your face!
Microblading is a manual method of implanting pigment into the outer layer of the skin. The needle used in microblading is tiny, and allows for very fine crisp stokes to be made, making the difference between real hair, and hair strokes almost indistinguishable.
The appointment starts with a numbing procedure, followed by a shape consult. We will design your perfect dream brows together. In total this will take approximately 2 hours. Using custom blended colours we will perfectly match your natural brow hair colour, and skin tones. Microblade brows is a 2 part process. The initial appointment- and then a perfection appointment to boost the colour (which fades up to 30%) and touch up any missed hair strokes. This will be done at around 6-8 weeks after the initial appointment. After your perfection appointment, you will only need to maintain your brows, usually getting a touch up about once a year!
There is no downtime associated with microblading, you can go straight back to normal life after your appointment.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING!
ATTENTION ALL LOVERS OF RETINOIDS, GLYCOLICS, VITAMIN C SERUMS AND ALL THE GOOD STUFF!
Please take a break from these products at least 2 weeks prior to your microblading session and 2 weeks after for best healed results.
Here are some other tips for appointment prep-
Refrain from drinking alcohol or taking blood thinning meds 24 hours prior
Any treatments such as lasers, peels, waxing, botox etc should also take place 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after microblading
Skin should be healthy and non irritated, blemish and sunburn free for best results
DO YOU HAVE...
Very oily skin?
Enlarged pores on your forehead/face or acne prone skin?
Skin thats very sensitive or reactive?
Eczema, psoriasis, rosacea or melasma?
Really thick, dark, course eyebrow hair?
If you answered yes to any of these - sadly, microblading will not last very long on you and details may fade fast :( Please keep this in mind when deciding to get tattooed. You may need additional appointments and/or frequent touch ups.
THE BEST WAY IS TO NOT DO MUCH!
Please read all aftercare instructions on this page to make sure you can commit to this brow journey, especially the first 10 days. How you take care of your fresh brows is EVERYTHING!
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
NO MOISTURE! NO WATER! NO SWEAT! NO SUN! For 10 days.
The best results come from the "Do Nothing" or "Dry Healing" method. The absolute best results come from keeping your brows extremely DRY for the next 10 days! Keeping them dry makes them retain more detail, better color, and more crisp strokes, so it's worth it :) It sounds tricky- but can be done if you're mindful of it. Here's how...
- Within 2-3 hours after the procedure wash the ointment off your brows with sterile water and gauze pad included in your kit.
- Keep your face directly out of the shower stream & do your best to carefully wash hair and keep face as dry as possible. Keep clean, dry paper towels on hand to pat dry if they accidentally get moist. Also keep showers brief, as too much steam can harm brows as well.
- When washing your face, be sure not to splash water onto your face like we normally do. Instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry :)
- Use product free blotting paper 3 times a day for normal skin, and 6 times a day for oily skin directly on top of the brows and then the surrounding area for the first 10 days as well.
- Do not apply any cosmetics on your brows for AT LEAST 10 days. If your skin starts to feel tight and dry around day 7 post treatment, you can use a small amount of * Coconut Oil * (or a fragrance-free moisturizer, such as Cetaphil) IF NEEDED to gently moisturize the area once a day. If you do need to moisturize, please do so sparingly.
- No heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days post procedure. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial.
- After 10 days please begin to wash your face normally, including your brows! with a gentle face wash, such as Cetaphil.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color, more sharply defined or even have a more filled in appearance. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort and minimal redness.
- During the healing period, there may be scabbing, flaking or peeling of the skin. If that happens, do not pick at it! Allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This is very important! If scabs come off prematurely, the pigment will come out with it! It is totally normal for the skin to flake and peel, this is not your tattoo coming off its just a light scab.
- The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
MICROBLADED BROWS GO THROUGH MANY PHASES WHILE HEALING! CHECK IT OUT SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT....
- Day 1 - finely detailed, slight redness
- Day 2-4 - They become a few shades darker and more crisp and filled in looking as they form a light scab. This is only temporary- don't panic!
- Day 5-12- the scab naturally exfoliates, peels and flakes away over the course of several days. The fresh skin underneath is white and has a waxy coating, making it appear that the brows are too light. Be patient!
- Day 10-30 - On day 10- wash your brows with a mild cleanser! This will help the healing and shedding process at this point. The color may appear light, but will slowly come back to life and bloom back to the surface as that new, white skin you have settles in and heals. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it will take on new strength, and it is only after 4 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Your second appointment is to tighten up your shape, touch up any light spots and also to assess how your skin reacts to the process, and the chosen color. We note everyones pigment blend, in case we need to layer in a different shade or adjust the tone :) Each procedure is customized just for you!
- This is a two step process. Brows look really finished after the 2nd appointment!
WHAT NOT TO DO
DO NOT get wet. You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soap, shampoo or water on your brows
DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. This is just new skin forming. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 10 days. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo. After 10 days its fine if you need to gently apply makeup to any light spots.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO exercising and/or excessive sweating one day prior to getting tattooed and for 10 days after. Heavy sweating will cause the hair strokes to blur and detail to be lost.
- NO Sun exposure, swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, we recommend applying sunscreen daily on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, chemical face peel products and laser treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 4-8 weeks later. It takes about 4 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate and settle in.
- There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, and everyone will heal a little differently.
THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF
- you are using ACCUTANE or have used it within the past year
- if you have very oily skin and/or very large pores on your forehead the hair stroke pigment may be rejected or it may heal very powdery/ fuzzy with loss of detail. It may need frequent touch ups. Often powder shading, or a combination brow is a good replacement !
- if you want very thin brows (there needs to be at least a slight thickness in order to achieve desired hairlike detail)
- if you are very tan or sun-damaged
- if your skin is very delicate, fragile, sensitive or problematic. Skin conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea, heavy Melasma etc. that are present on the face will affect retention and longevity of micro bladed brows.
- are pregnant or nursing
- are allergic to Lidocaine
- are highly prone to scarring or keloids
- are epileptic
We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their first Microblading appointment at least 3-4 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and special occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your Initial Microblading Appointment as well as a Touch-Up Appointment 4-8 Weeks after.